Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thing #5 Fun with Flickr

Participatory learning: what a great concept! I had fun exploring Flickr with the mindset of a future librarian. I can imagine a variety of applications: posters featuring themes, fliers promoting programs, newsletters presenting ideas. I found many pictures of libraries and their celebrations, and believe a library webpage would be more interesting if it contained more photos with a focus. I think the idea of using Picnik to edit photos is wonderful. I definitely plan to use this tool to "pic" the best photos to post. Choosing favorites as I searched was helpful since it gave me a group of photos to examine closer once I had them all in one place. I chose to group and tag photos of shelves filled with books. My favorite mantra when I walk into a bookstore or library is "So many books, so little time."

No comments: