Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thing #22 Never-ending Nings

Once this 23 community completes its journey, what will fill the void of blogging and sharing our common goals and experiences with each other? I can see where joining a Ning would help us retain our sense of community and allow us to continue the conversation we have started. It would also expand our small community to include others at different places in the Web 2.0 journey. We will not be trekking alone. We will travel as a group seeking lifelong learning and leadership as educators and librarians.

The Nings seem vast compared to our current small community. Diving into one of these seems a little intimidating; however, seeing familiar names on the Nings, such as Judy Morellion and Joyce Valenza, made me feel more at home. There are mentors in place that have knowledge and experience to share with us. Maybe one day a Ning community will feel like family to us. I am willing to give it a try. I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go on the Web 2.0 journey. I am going to need guides, and I believe I will find them here. Hey, one day, I may start my own Ning. That's something to think about further.

1 comment:

VWB said...

The ning(s) out there will help you keep up, but I hope that the community you buit thru this experience will keep in touch thru your blogs...maybe not everyone of course, but some of you...and you can continue to learn from each other!